Sunday 13 January 2019

 Some of the things I have recently made.  The half scarf above is all knitting. You do a multiple of 3 for 9 inches then k3,drop3,k3 to end. Then knit the remaining stitches for 9 inches.  Repeat for the second half. Crochet or sew 2 halves together and the scarf is done.  Here I used 21 stitches  as the yarn is very thick.  I made one with 33 stitches(no photo). I recall that the original pattern had 51 stitches and the yarn was very thin.  It's fun to make.  I can usually finish the scarf over 2 evenings of watching t.v.
 These photos are of 2 dog beds I made. Front and back of each. The top one as a piece of free motion quilting practise that a friend donated to this purpose.
 Below is a almost done baby afghan.  It is using 2 of the bernat big balls of cotton yarn.  I goofed and went the wrong way at the top.  The 2 balls were different colour lots and you can see I turned and went across the top instead of down the side. I am now waiting to get out and buy another ball so I can finish the last 5 block. Not sure how big it will finish.
Hope everyone is getting some quilting/sewing done after Christmas holidays.  My goal is at least an hour each day.  Sometimes I succeed and sometimes not.  I am ever hopeful.
Have a good day.
:)Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment