Thursday, 27 August 2015

Hip to be square rag quilt and DFG sewing day in my home

These are the front and back of a challenge piece I made that was on Pat Sloan's site.  The challenge was called Hip to be square.  I decided to  make a rag quilt with the blocks. I had 2 rows together before I noticed that the rag part was on what was to be my back.  So I left it that way.  The back is fleece material I picked up at a thrift store. This is as far as I got it for the challenge.  Need to make it a little bit bigger and then it could be a baby quilt
  Had a good day today sewing.  I have been volunteering my time to a charity called Days for girls.
They made sanitary pads/shields  for women in countries that have to stay home for work or school when they have there period because they don't have any product to use so they can leave the house.
  This was a small turn out today but we managed to make 40 ties for the kit bags and got labels sewn onto 44 of the kit bags.  Since there were only 2 of us I think we did ok.  After Elaine left I took everything back to my sewing room and sergered  both sides of another 14 bags.
  Happy quilting everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment