Thursday 2 January 2020

These are the 6 placemats I made at Nancy's over the last year.  They are Judy Neimeyers...Daisy placemats. The pattern comes with 4 but I bought an extra 2 papers so I could have 6.  As of today I have 4 of the placemats quilted but not bound.  When I was setting up for quilting I misplaced 2 of them.  I have since found them but both my kids got married  in 2019 and I didn't get back to quilting the last 2.  I hope to start the binding of the first 4 soon. Nancy's is a sewing retreat that I go to on as many Wednesdays as I can.  It is called Bow Bench Retreat. She has a wonderful place and is a great teacher.  I am at present working on "Harvest Moon".
   It is hard to believe that the last post I have here was in April.  I was busy making the 2 quilts for the weddings till Sept.  and then I fell the day after the Sept. wedding and broken my shoulder area in 2 places so there was no sewing or crafts of any kind for awhile.  My shoulder is almost back to normal. I only get the odd ache every once in a while now.  I am back to sewing and quilting and trying to declutter my sewing room this coming year.  It is a work in progress.  I have been trying to declutter for a few years.  I intend to work more steadily at it this year and get rid of some stuff.
  Hoping to post more often this year.  Hope everyone as a wonderful new year.

Happy quilting,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment